4.05.2009

Not all those who wander are lost

One more last blog update before I hit the road!

The past week I have been wrapping things up in Cork. Classes are over. At UCC we have the whole month of April off. The Irish, who have exams from the whole year use the month to study. The visiting students only have finals from the second half, so we take the chance to travel. I have two exams in May and two papers due. I finished up my final papers this week and got them out of the way. So I will be taking off for Europe for the month then back to Cork to study for my Physiology and Physics exam in May.

I got my haircut earlier this week. It was too long and driving me nuts, I went to a hair place near campus that gave students a 15% discount. It was called “Curl Up ‘n Dye” which I thought was a great name.

On Wednesday, a few of us went to the Rugby Tournament. My friend Kristina joined the team, and one of my Irish friends is also on the team. We heard it was going to be this big event kind of like a carnival, so we went to check it out but we were the only three fans on the side lines! It was a lot of fun though watching the games. And they loved having us “enthusiastic Americans” who cheered them on. Kristina's only just started so she was basically the water girl and flag girl. But she played in three games! She even caught the ball and was tackled to the ground so it was pretty exciting! I went out with the Rugby girls on Thursday night to celebrate. Those girls are nuts but it was a blast.

I am planning on packing all day today and I leave bright and early tomorrow for my backpacking trip. Nine cities in 26 days! Monday morning I fly from Cork to London for a six hour layover then catch my flight onto Athens. I am spending a few days there, and then going to the Greek islands; Ios and Santorini. Next I am flying to Rome to stay with a friend from school and making my way up Italy onto Florence and Venice. Then taking the train over to Nice on the French Riviera, and flying to Barcelona for a few days then up to Paris!

I am not sure how much internet I will have access to, so we’ll see if I get any blogging in. If not I will be back in Cork on May 1st with lots of pictures!

Until then!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love the title!!

MICHELLE MAROON said...

I'm excited for you to come home so you can show me how amazing you trip was. I hope you are taking more pictures than what you are posting online. HAVE A GOOD MONTH! I hope to hear from you soon. I MISS YOU MEG!