3.19.2009

St Paddy's Day!

So another update.

I am finishing up my last two weeks of classes. I cannot believe how fast the courses flew by. I have two papers that I have finally been assigned so I am hoping to finish them up before April when I am backpacking through Europe. I had my last Physiology lab yesterday which was absolutely ridiculous. We didn’t even do half of the lab, because apparently they don’t have enough equipment? So we just sat in a lecture hall as the professor talked us through it. Compared to 3 hour Quinnipiac Anatomy labs where we are completely hands on, these are a joke.

St Paddy’s Day was on Tuesday! We had the day off over here :) They had a big parade down in Cork. All the Irish really talked it down, saying ours in the states were better. But I loved it! It was absolutely packed downtown. We got there late and couldn’t really see much but they had a few big blow up floats, like a dragon and robot. So we saw those! The rest was student and kids marching. Everyone was green with all sorts of Irish St Paddy’s day accessories. A group of us came back to the apartment and sat outside all day in the beautiful weather. It was like a summer day! We walked down to the fields and watched a few soccer games too. We went out later at night to hit up the pubs and everything was packed! It was a great day though! :)

I have finally finished planning my backpacking trip for April. So many planes and trains and hostels! I am sticking around in Cork this weekend, hoping to get some essays written. 

No comments: