2.17.2009

London Photos

London pictures!

Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes!! I had some sort of crazy Irish flu last week, so I was pretty dead for a chunk of the week. I didn’t realize how much I would miss NyQuil! 

I felt a bit better on Saturday so a group of us went to Cobh (pronounced "Cove"). It was about a half hour train ride away. It was a cute Irish seaport town. Quiet now, but it used to be quite the bustling major transatlantic Irish port. Over 2.5 million people emigrated out of Cobh to America during the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. Cobh was the last port of call of the Titanic before it left across the Atlantic. Also when Luisitania, the passenger liner was sunk by the Germans survivors were brought to Cobh. The little town had a lot of history to it!

I woke up feeling much better for my birthday which was good! A few friends and I went out to watch the Rugby game Ireland vs. Italy then out to dinner for Italian after we kicked their butt. Haha. My friends made me my mom's raspberry chocolate birthday cake that she makes me every year so I felt right at home! I still expect pancakes when I get home though mom ;)

I leave on Thursday night for Northern Ireland. I will be in Belfast until Sunday afternoon. Hope you enjoy the London pictures! 

No comments: